Meeting Minutes 1/6/21
Attending: Torie Foote, Cara Hagar, Jessica Spurr, Carla Martinez, Lily Seitz, Mary Schmidt
Absent: Alexandra Montague
By Lily Seitz, Secretary
- Opened Numerica acct
- Lily will add bank info to paypal signup form on site
- Instagram content:
- Carla needs garden volunteers esp at west central
- Donations of herbs needed from wildcrafted/grown/herb cabinets
- Carla: Need herb donations, will share with Lily ways we will use them
- Carla will give Lily some images, etc. to work with to create content
- Garden update (Carla):
- Most volunteers have been for south hill
- Land partners meeting with people from the Abby next week, Carla and Mary are attending to try and incorporate w/ FSHG
- Carla needs someone else to help run the garden at West Central, and needs a garden manager who lives closer to the garden
- Tea is bagged for Torie for Terri’s office. Carla made a big bag of covid tea for catholic charities, friend is bagging it.
- Women’s club got a grant, will start doing a meal once a week. Toby is processing a bunch of tea, can hand out cups of tea to go with it.
- They have a new board and asked Carla and Mary to write a proposal: a clinic, a tea shop & vending space for local herbalists, lower the price of rent for the certified kitchen, dehydrators/equipment.
- Co-op in Denver got a grant, most of their herbalists left, but they have a naturopath we can work under. Can use Carla’s old Google voice number for HWB, hand out cards for herbal advice so people can call in for herbal advice. Help them out now, maybe apply for a grant for us later through them.
- We still have a donation in Massachusetts. They just need the new account information so they can transfer. Cara will contact Denise.
- 4th quarter report due now, we are re-sending because they didn’t receive it
- September 18th & 19th (contingent on Mission being ok with that): full moon is the 20th, permaculture dates are the following weekend. Carla will check with the Mission.
- Docs will be in Spokane Herbal Faire drive (login info shared with board – contact Jessica if needed)
- What roles would we all like? Judith: registration, Jessica: kids corner. Remaining roles are stored on the Spokane Herbal faire Drive under SHF2021 folder. Especially need board members for workshops and vendor coordinators.
- Plant sale/fundraiser possible in April with INPC if we will organize it. They could have a table at the Faire, too. Skeeter will teach medicinal microfarming workshop and wildcrafting plant walk april 10th and 11th, or 24th 25th. Jessica can make a poster and post on social media. Carla can get donations.
- Tabling this until next board meeting since it’s not till April
- Lily will update the membership page on the website this weekend so we can direct people there who want to join
- Carla knows someone who writes grants and her old business coach from SNAP who she will reach out to
- Once we are ready for membership sign-up on the website, Torie will send out a ballot to invite members to vote for our board members. (Can we have a ballot on the website for people to use or just do a send in from email?)
Ask/invite anyone else to jump in (send names to Torie).